Here are some frequently asked questions about our Brainspring Learning Centers. If you have additional questions please call us at 800-732-3211 or contact us here.
The length of tutoring depends on many factors. The age of the student, whether or not the student has a learning disability, the amount of difficulty the student is experiencing as well as the student’s current skill level. We move at the student’s pace, so one student may be able to learn multiple skills in one session while another student may need two sessions to master one skill. Most of our students attend tutoring for approximately 9-12 months. However, students with severe learning disabilities may need on-going academic assistance.
At Brainspring, we select our tutors very carefully, as students meet with the same tutor every week. We work with degreed professionals in teaching related fields who are highly qualified, experienced and passionate.
We work with students of all ages and skill levels, including those with or without a learning disability, as well as students who are gifted. Our tutors are trained to both remediate learning difficulties and offer enrichment to those who are not struggling.
Yes. Our Phonics First® reading program is based on the Orton-Gillingham methodology and was specifically designed to address the needs of students who are dyslexic or otherwise learning disabled.
We continually monitor progress by reviewing skills previously taught, contact with the student’s teachers, parents and any other professionals the student may meet with. Additionally, written progress reports are provided periodically, at which point, the parent may choose to have a formal meeting with our director to discuss the student’s performance.
Multisensory instruction, the recommended teaching approach from researchers for all struggling students, is any learning activity involving the simultaneous use of multiple sensory pathways: this includes visual, auditory, tactile, and kinesthesia.
Most of our students attend 1-3 times per week, however, many other options are available. Clients are billed monthly for tutoring. There are no contracts. For those attending for remediation, we recommend a minimum of twice per week, 8-10 sessions per month, which is $440. Our once per week package, which is 4 or 5 sessions per month, is $270. There is a one-time $75 registration fee, and we offer an optional assessment, which is $165. If you decide to start a tutoring program following an assessment, the registration fee will be discounted to $25. Please inquire about additional program options.
- One-to-one instruction in a private setting which is ideal for those with ADD
- Tutoring available in all subject areas
- Brainspring’s Orton-Gillingham based reading curriculum, Phonics First, is one of the few accredited programs in the United States designed specifically for dyslexic and struggling readers.
- All Brainspring tutors are degreed professionals and are required to complete a minimum of 30 hrs of additional reading training in order to meet the needs of students with different learning styles.
- Multisensory teaching techniques; not worksheet based.
- We work as a team. When a student begins a Brainspring program, they are not only receiving the expertise and support of the tutor, but also the Center Director and the Director of Tutoring.
- Brainspring has been serving children in the metro Detroit area since 1991.
Aside from providing specialized remedial instruction, Brainspring is also able to provide homework support. Be it Algebra II or Physics, Brainspring tutors have the expertise and experience to assist in all subject areas.
Ready to get started??
The path to creating a master learner starts with a simple call to determine how Brainspring can help your student. Give us a call at 800-732-3211 or contact us here and we will discuss the process with you.