Practical Ideas That Really Work for Students with ADHD—Second Edition is just what many educators have been looking for:
- A product that provides teachers with practical and sensible solutions for students’ problems with inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
- A resource for teachers, behavior specialists, psychologists, counselors, and administrators who must document interventions.
- A tool for IEP committees who are charged with developing accommodations for students with ADHD.
- A sourcebook for prereferral intervention teams, who plan strategies for students before their placement in specialized programs.
The materials include two components:
- An easy to use evaluation form to rate a student’s behaviors that interfere with student learning and a matrix to select appropriate interventions; and
- A book of practical ideas, containing suggestions for interventions, explanations of strategies, reproducible forms, and helpful examples.
The Rating Scale
The rating scale consists of 54 items measuring three areas: inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity and is linked directly to the planning matrix, which allows for the selection of several appropriate interventions. It has been field-tested to ensure reliability and validity. Reliability coefficients range from .96 to .97. In addition the scale differentiates between students with ADHD and students without ADHD. Students with ADHD were rated significantly higher on the scale than other students.