Language Exercises for Teachers, Second EditionBy Louisa Cook Moats, Ed.D., & Bruce Rosow, Ed.D.
Completely revamped with all-new exercises, the second edition of this workbook is the perfect way to help teachers practice and strengthen the critical skills and knowledge they learned from the bestselling Speech to Print textbook. Bruce Rosow, a highly respected teacher trainer and veteran Speech to Printuser, has teamed with Louisa Moats to develop a more creative, engaging new edition that responds to high user demand for exercises unique to the workbook. To help prepare them for success in the classroom, current and future reading teachers will get
- more than 80 new or revised exercises,not found in the Speech to Print textbook
- helpful icons that explicitly connect the workbook to the textbook
- new quizzes to help teachers reinforce their knowledge of language building blocks, including phonetics, phonology, and morphology
- new and improved layout that makes the workbook easier to use
- a wide variety of effective exercises, including fill-in-the-blanks, multiple choice, matching activities, spelling error analysis, and transcription
- exercises that provide models for instruction
Perfect for preservice teacher education courses or for in-service professional development, this easy-to-use workbook will help ensure that educators grasp the complex concepts in the Speech to Print text.
Educators will be ready to deliver high-quality reading instruction in elementary classrooms and teach children the reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills they'll need for the rest of their lives.