S.P.I.R.E.® Level 7
Scope and Sequence
- vv syllables
- ei, eigh
- open syllable i as short i, open syllable i as long e
- -tion, -sion, ci, ti
- tu, ture, sure
- -ent, -ant, -ance, -ence, -ancy, -ency
- ui, eu
- -er, -or, -ar, -ard
Materials for Level 7
- Student Reader includes decodable text, controlled for phonics and sight word knowledge.
- Student Workbook provides extended practice and reinforcement for the decoding and comprehension skills presented in the Reader.
- Teacher’s Guide contains scripted, explicit lessons for teaching every concept in the S.P.I.R.E. scope and sequence.
- Blackline Masters include materials for teaching Key Word Concepts, Concept Mastery Fluency Drills, and for assessing phonics skills and word identification.
- Manipulatives for Demonstration and Drill include sets of phonogram cards, letter sets, word cards, and a magnet board with magnetized Sound Circles and Syllable Rectangle for the Phoneme Segmentation activity.
- Word Cards Red, yellow and green Word Cards are color-coded to assist students and teachers in daily fluency practice. Green and yellow cards list 2 types of decodable words and red cards list frequently used non-decodable words, or sight words. (6” x 4”)