Scope and Sequence
- dis, mis, pre, pro, re, de, ic
- -able, -ible, -le, -al, -el, -on, -an, -ain, -ine, -em, -it, -et, -ite, -ate
- -ive, -ice, -ary, -ar
- Prefix in, un, under, sub, con, com, cor, col
- para, ab, ad, per
- ex, ob, suc, suf, sug, sup, op
- ion, ia, ior
- ch, que
Materials for Level 8
- Student Reader includes decodable text, controlled for phonics and sight word knowledge.
- Student Workbook provides extended practice and reinforcement for the decoding and comprehension skills presented in the Reader.
- Teacher’s Guide contains scripted, explicit lessons for teaching every concept in the S.P.I.R.E. scope and sequence.
- Blackline Masters include materials for teaching Key Word Concepts, Concept Mastery Fluency Drills, and for assessing phonics skills and word identification.
- Manipulatives for Demonstration and Drill include sets of phonogram cards, letter sets, word cards, and a magnet board with magnetized Sound Circles and Syllable Rectangle for the Phoneme Segmentation activity.
- Word Cards Red, yellow and green Word Cards are color-coded to assist students and teachers in daily fluency practice. Green and yellow cards list 2 types of decodable words and red cards list frequently used non-decodable words, or sight words. (6” x 4”)