Phonics First® Kindergarten Livestream
Course Hours: 18
Kindergarten: General Education (Tier 1: Whole class or small group)
Kindergarten through 1st grade: Special Education, Intervention, Resource (Tier 2 & 3: Small group or one-on-one)
This kindergarten course qualifies teachers to bring beginning-level Orton-Gillingham multisensory instruction to their classrooms. Phonics First® Kindergarten prepares beginning readers through our effective, fun, multisensory approach.
A Brainspring Instructor teaches this course live in real time via Zoom (access and use details are provided upon registration). Participants log in on each course date and time to participate. Courses allow for interaction with the Instructor and other course participants in order to retain the hands-on learning approach. Course sessions also include small-group discussions, practice sessions, and question and answer opportunities.
Participants learn to teach:
• Phonological awareness for beginning readers
• Alphabet development skills
• Letter formation support strategies (using district’s current writing program)
• A Three-Part Drill for structured review
• Blending and segmenting for reading and spelling
• Tactile/kinesthetic beginning spelling techniques for phonetic and non-phonetic words
• Guidance with lesson planning and classroom implementation
• Opportunities for hands-on lesson practice with other participants
• Emphasis on teaching beginning reading skills to all students and to struggling/at-risk students.
• Complimentary Brainspring Members Area Access: reproducible lesson resources and activities
Upon completion, participants will:
• Receive a document of completion
• Be prepared to teach Phonics First® to Kindergarten students
Contact us to set up a private livestream for your school/district or to discuss your state's requirements for dyslexia and other literacy initiatives.