RL2025 Structures® Curriculum Guide (2022 Edition)
Volumes I and II
Created with Orton-Gillingham trained teachers in mind, lessons are designed to address the grade 6–12 student who significantly struggles with decoding and encoding skills. The lessons cover the Anglo-Saxon layer of language (basic and advanced phonics and spelling concepts) and morphology study (Greek and Latin roots and affixes). Unlike many programs where morphology is taught after most phonics concepts are learned, Structures® carefully weaves the two together, allowing students to learn the more sophisticated layer of language alongside the basics.
Each lesson plan is presented in an easy-to-follow format and includes:
- 102 lessons across five instruction Blocks
- 111 reading/spelling concepts
- 97 Morphemes (roots and affixes)
- 173 Red Words (irregular words) plus 86 bonus Red Words
- 76 syllabication lessons providing over 500 practice words and a dozen activities
The Structures® Curriculum Guide is the main instructional text for Brainspring’s Structures® Level I course.
Dimensions: 9.5" x 11"
Binding: Spiralbound; Volume I: 331 pages; Volume II: 314 pages