Appropriate Audience: • 1st through 12th grade: General education, Special Education, intervention, resource
The Reciprocal Teaching process teaches students to interact with text in a way that builds vocabulary and comprehension, and it teaches students to develop summarizing and predicting skills. Teachers learn four Reciprocal Teaching strategies, how to teach each strategy to students through multisensory activities, and ways to incorporate Reciprocal Teaching to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- How to move students from passive readers to active readers
- Practical ways incorporate Reciprocal Teaching strategies with fiction and non-fiction passages
- Multisensory strategies for whole class, small group, and one-on-one teaching
- Scaffolded support for struggling readers and English language learners
- Ways to increase student reading comprehension across all subject areas
Course Hours: 3-4
All Self-Paced Online Professional Development courses are released on a biweekly schedule. Participants have 30 days to complete the course.