This criterion-referenced assessment is used to evaluate students’ decoding and encoding skills. Results assist in detecting word-level weaknesses, determining instructional groups and planning targeted/intensive instruction for both Phonics First® Orton-Gillingham and other phonics programs. (This assessment may also be used as a supplement to other progress monitoring tools).
Assessment uses A and B versions which assess skills in:
- Basic sounds,
- Word coding for phonetic/non-phonetic words
- Word coding for pseudowords
- Multisyllable word attack
Assessment Kit includes:
- Assessment Administration Guide
- Reproducible Student Response Forms
- Reproducible Scoring Forms,
- Assessment Word Cards
- Quick-Reference Scoring Guide.
Grades K-3 Classroom; K-5 Remedial