Unlock the mystery of multisyllable words!
This book is a companion to Phonics First® lessons or can be used separately to teach multisyllable word-attack strategies. Detailed steps carefully guide instructors through the process of teaching critical syllabication skills to students who have mastered basic, one-syllable word reading.
- 3 syllable division patterns (VCCV, VCV and VV)
- 8 syllable types (Closed, Open, Magic-e, Consonant-le, Vowel Teams, R-control, Diphthongs, Schwa)
- 79 lessons include more than 650 words
- Complete teaching instructions
- Syllable reference cards
- Reproducible student worksheets
- Answer keys
Dimensions: 9" x 11"
Binding: spiral with softcover, 234 pages