Unlock the mystery of multisyllable words!
This book is a companion to Phonics First® lessons or can be used separately to teach multisyllable word-attack strategies. Detailed steps carefully guide instructors through the process of teaching critical syllabication skills to students who have mastered basic, one-syllable word reading.
- 3 syllable division patterns (VCCV, VCV and VV)
- 8 syllable types (Closed, Open, Magic-e, Consonant-le, Vowel Teams, Bossy-r, Diphthongs, Schwa)
- 79 lessons include more than 650 words
- Complete teaching instructions
- Syllable reference cards
- Reproducible student worksheets
- Answer keys
Dimensions: 9.5 x 11 inches
Page Count: 234
Great resource but hard to copy for students
I wanted a syllabication guide of my own, so I could make notes as needed based on the lessons. I LOVE it!
Great book, easy to use and has a lot of good practice sheets for students.
This book is very beneficial for teaching syllable parts. It has resources ready for you to use and gives great explanation on how to explain new content and ideas. I am a huge fan of the sequence used to teach these skills.